The Coordinator’s role is to organize activities to foster a collaborative and team approach for implementing a 2-year pilot program one elk-agriculture interactions amongst farmers, hunters, public, and governments. The Coordinator and the
2-year Pilot Program will be overseen by a Steering Committee comprised of Yukon Agricultural Association, Yukon Fish and Game Association, Government of Yukon and Ta’an Kwäch’än Council.
The position will manage pilot program activities to promptly respond to elk agriculture interactions by working with agricultural landowners to develop plans and responses using a range of applications. This will also involve coordinating with hunters. Overall, the Coordinator will be working towards conditioning the elk away from agricultural properties via an intensive deterrent effect at both a local and range scale.
Strong inter-personal, communication and client service skills are essential for this position.
Please submit your resume to identify how you meet and can demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Resource management diploma or demonstrated experience in the following areas: land use management, agriculture, wildlife and integrative management;
• Experience or education in wildlife behaviour and habitat;
• Experience in dealing with multiple and/o opposing views in a diplomatic manner;
• Strong client service skills and ability to foster trust and develop partnerships;
• Experience writing reports, collecting data and information;
• Valid drivers license;
• Valid First Aid;
• Possession Acquisition License.
Candidates who have training combined with considerableexperience equivalent tothe qualifications listed above will beequally considered.
Applicationdeadline: Monday, January 22, 2024.
For more information about this position, please contact
Saxon Ritchie, Office Manager, Yukon Fish and Game Association at email@example.com or 867-667-4263.